All of our apps leverage the latest game design principles to make learning interesting and fun. Each app comes with an accompanying tool that facilitates the authentic development of sound financial habits.
Aimed at middle and high school students, Budgeteer covers a wide range of personal finance topics including
- Needs and Wants
- Income and Expenses
- Setting Financial Goals
- Creating a Budget
Contact us for more information about how to bring Budgeteer to your home or school.
Our next app is in development! It will feature topics including credit, loans, and interest rates.
Students, educators, and parents love the usability and effectiveness of our products. Check out what they are saying!
Chris Davis, Middle School Teacher, San Jose, CA
Get the latest in personal finance education news and join the conversation!
- Second Nature Learning exhibiting at Launch July 13, 2013 - Read more
- Financial Literacy – The Need of the Hour April 9, 2013 -
Despite the Subprime mortgage crisis and its effects lingering on millions of families in the US, there are only a handful of states that require high-school students to take a course in Personal Finance before graduation. Millions of others may not receive any formal training in Personal Finance and enter college or the workforce unprepared to deal with all the complexities of the modern Banking and Financial system. Some of these kids may have received some knowledge on the topic from either their parents or some other folks in the family like an aunt or a grandparent who has the time and the resources to teach these topics. Many of the top banks and credit unions have launched financial literacy programs for multiple age-groups. However the reality is that a majority of the Gen Y population will not be sufficiently trained to manage their finances when they receive their first “real” paycheck, make a household budget or get their first credit card.
The irony is that the mistakes made at an early stage can set oneself on a path of financial disaster for several years. There are enough stories of college kids missing a credit card payment when they were on Spring Break or a vacation and that stays on their credit report for 7 years.Read more
We are a diverse team who are passionate about building products that build long-term financial habits.
- Our apps use animation videos, interactive games and real-life scenarios to teach personal finance to kids.
- The apps are multi-platform and are available on tablets, desktops and laptops.
- The content is based upon National Standards of Personal Finance.
- Teachers will get a detailed dashboard with analytics to track the performance of their classroom
Developing Long-Term habits
- Habit formation requires a step-by-step repetition of an action until it becomes an automatic response.
- Top athletes continuously practice their skill until it becomes a part of who they are.
- Once the right habits have been formed, these behaviors can change lives.
- Our apps include tools that the kids can use in their daily lives and practice good personal finance habits one step at a time until it becomes their second nature.
We would love to hear from you!
Stay updated on Second Nature Learning news!
How Budgeteer is helping teens and college bound students develop sound budgeting skills!
Radhika Rajgarhia and Courtney Nazareno from Second Nature Learning lead an apprenticeship in Personal Finance at Joseph George Middle School, San Jose.
” What are financial goals and how do I set them?” – Quinten
Sixth graders brainstorming concepts in personal finance!
Inner Peace Parenting Magazine, August 2013
Radhika Rajgarhia, Co-Founder of Second Nature Learning talks about teaching kids critical life skills such as money management.